2007年9月14日金曜日

Dana Kien's Blog! Japanese A

konnichiwa!

I am extremely excited to be taking Japanese and cannot believe the amount of vocabulary/Japanese we have already learned in just two weeks! To be honest, I was very nervous about taking Japanese. Only having taken Romance languages, I was - and still am to some extent - a bit worried if I would be able to grasp the spoken Japanese language, as well as the written aspect (three alphabets is quite daunting). However, after this past week and gradually getting to know the pace of the class, as well as Sato Sensei and our classmates, my hesitation about my ability to learn Japanese has slowly dissappeared. While I believe my concerns have subsided just by the actual act of learning, memorizing, and further being able to speak in Japanese in class, I feel a lot of my new-found ease is due to the receptive and comforting environment of our classroom. What I mean by this, is that I think everyone in the class, especially our Sensei, seems friendly, thoughtful, and patient, which makes for an ideal environment to learn a completely new language in. It is so necessary to feel comfortable in the space that you're learning and practicing a new language, and after having been to the class for about two weeks now, I am happy to say that I feel very comfortable expressing myself in the little Japanese that I now know. I hope everyone feels this way, and if not now, then hopefully soon as we gradually get to know each other better in class. I am very much looking forward to it!

Hope everyone has an amazing weekend and see you all soon!

2 件のコメント:

sawaranran さんのコメント...

Hajimemasite, Kien-san. Nihongo TA no Sawamoto desu. It definitely helps to have sensei and classmates who make you feel comfortable in class when you just start learning a new language. I hope you'll make good friends in your class and start chatting in Japanese!

アリエラ さんのコメント...

こんにちはデイナさん! Hi! It's Ariella, in case you can't tell because it's written アリエラ ^_^ I completely agree with your post...i love our class aha. Watashitachi no kulassu (class) wa totemo tanoshii desu. You write so well/formally! Suuugoooiiiii =3 It's probably because you don't use AIM. Loosen up a bit, it's a blog!
Dewa mata!
Ari-chan (according to my japanese friends)