2007年10月28日日曜日

Manga!

Konbanwa!

For those of you who love/know manga well, could any of you possibly explain how it differs from Japanese anime?
Are they different, and if so, how? I might possibly incorporate it in my thesis, and so I was just wondering if any of you guys could fill me in. Also, are any of the manga/ anime characters androgynous, i.e. neither clearly masculine or feminine in appearence or coded to be read as both female and male?

Also, is anyone nervous about the listening comprehension part of the test?
I'm a bit scared that after only hearing it played once, I won't fully understand what's being said and thus won't know how to respond. I've been listening to the c-d, but still I have to play it twice or three times in order to complete some of the exercises. If anyone has any other suggestions about getting better at this, let me know! But I have a feeling it's just a matter of listening to the exercises over and over again. Yikes!

Ja-mata!

2 件のコメント:

VN さんのコメント...

I'm scared about the listening comprehension too...The speed of the native speakers is really quick.

Kenny さんのコメント...

Well I'm no expert, but you can basically think of Japanese manga as comic books, and Japanese anime as reinterpretations of the comic books as television shows.
So you read manga, but watch anime.

Yes, I can think of at least one character right off the bat that is androgynous. In the currently very popular anime, Naruto, there's a character called Haku, if you want to look up an example.

Ganbattene!